Jumbo Foods Fire_1_BV.jpg

Jumbo Foods employee James Fuchs (right) tells a patron the store in Willow West Plaza will be closed for a time Tuesday, while the cause of an electrical fire is investigated. The store was evacuated for the safety of customers and employees. (Staff Photo by BONNIE VCULEK)

An electrical worker injured Tuesday in a small fire at Jumbo Foods will return to work Thursday.

The 7:45 a.m. fire forced Jumbo Foods, Willow and Cleveland, to evacuate employees and customers. The store was closed for a while, but re-opened later in the day.

The injured man, Steve Finch, was taken by a co-worker to a local hospital with hand and arm injuries, but was not seriously injured, said Enid Fire Marshal Ken Helms.

A spokesman at K.C. Electric, where Finch works, said he was checked out at the hospital and is expected back to work Thursday.

Finch was working on an electrical panel in the back of the building when another worker heard a pop and the panel caught fire, Helms said. OG&E Electric Services was called to turn off the electricity to the building.

Damage was contained to the electrical panel.

Recommended for you