FORT LEE, Va. — Falling leaves, falling temperatures, and falling prices at the commissary. It must be fall.
“Get ready for the fall celebrations,” said Army Command Sgt. Maj. Tomeka N. O’Neal, the Defense Commissary Agency’s senior enlisted advisor to the DeCA director. “They’ll be here before you know it. The commissary can help you save while you treat the ghosts and ghouls of Halloween and prepare for Thanksgiving without missing a beat.”
Throughout October, commissaries will offer discounts beyond everyday savings. Patrons are also advised to check their stores’ “end of the aisle” for themed items with extra low pricing. Overseas stores may have substitute events for certain promotional programs. Customers should check with their store for details or visit their store page to verify what’s available. Here are a few areas to consider for commissary savings:
• Exclusive savings on select frozen turkeys. Check your commissary for brand availability. Promotion runs from Oct. 1-Dec. 31.
• ‘Text-To-Win’ $25 gift card. In honor of our veterans MyMilitarySavings.com is sponsoring a “Text-to-Win” opportunity for a $25 commissary or exchange gift card. Commissary customers can find details at the commissary. Contest ends Nov. 3.
• Energy Action Month. The commissary is offering savings on high-efficiency (HE) or energy-efficient products. By conserving energy, these products benefit the environment and generate savings in energy costs. Promotion runs from Oct. 1-31.
• Halloween Costume Contest. “Trick or Treat! Win a Turkey to Eat!” Put on your Halloween costume, take a picture and submit it on one of the DeCA social media channels. Participants must identify their commissary with the submission of their picture. One entry per person. There will be one winner per commissary. Winners will be awarded a 14- to 16-pound turkey. Check social media and commissaries.com for more details. Winners will be announced on or before Nov. 15. Contest runs from Oct. 1-31.
• Oktoberfest. Commissaries worldwide are continuing to offer promotions on German products in honor of Oktoberfest, including chocolates, cookies, sauerkraut, mustard, red cabbage and rich German coffee.
• Commissary beef and pork savings. The commissary has added to the beef and pork savings package. Check with your meat department to learn more about these sizzling offers:
• Fall Favorites Power Box – Offers a 25% savings to DeCA patrons on select cuts of beef
• Whole Sub Primal Beef Sold at Cost – customers can save 14% to 26% on sub primal beef
• Healthy Alternative Power Buy Box – Save 29% on 20 pounds of select cuts of lean beef and pork
• Economy Power Buy Box – Save 31% on 15 pounds of select cuts of beef and pork
• Commissary Brands. Save 45% or more on over 100 commissary brand items. Sale runs from Oct. 7-20.
• Fall into Savings Event. General Mills is helping usher in fall by providing high value coupons that can be found on their displays throughout the commissary. Displays run from Oct. 7-20.
• Unilever “DeCA/Exchange Cares.” Unilever will distribute 200,000 coupon flyers to commissaries for its second annual promotion. The coupons in these flyers were created exclusively for commissary and exchange patrons. Promotion runs from Oct. 7-20.
• Kraft Heinz Big Game Fan Feast. The Kraft Heinz Company is offering $3-$5 coupons on many of their top brands to commissaries worldwide. Displays run from Oct. 7-20.
• 23rd Annual Italian and American Festival of Savings. Commissary customers will find savings on products from a variety of food brands, as part of Unilever’s 23rd annual Italian and American Festival of Savings. Promotion runs from Oct. 7-20.
• Kellogg’s Cheez-It 2019 Bowl. Text to win sweepstakes. Enter to win a trip to the 2019 Cheez-It Bowl in Phoenix, Ariz. One grand prize winner and three guests will win airfare, hotel accommodations for three nights, and tickets to the bowl game. Look for in-store displays for details on how to enter and win. Sweepstakes runs from Oct. 21-Nov. 3.
• Kellogg’s Crystal K. Kellogg’s will provide 150,000 military-specific, in-store coupon flyers; save $2 off fruit or milk with the purchase of any two Special K products. Ends Oct. 6.
• Monster Jam Celebration. Commissary customers can help their community win an on-base Monster Jam Celebration by purchasing select Proctor & Gamble products from Sept. 23 to Oct 6.
• Taco Night. Receive a dollar off when you buy two Taco Bell items. Coupons are located in the store. Promotion ends from Oct 6.